top of page

Macanga Institute Group

Public·100 members

4 YouTube Subtitle Translator Chrome Extensions Free

In this Article, I have covered 4 YouTube Subtitle Translator Chrome Extensions. Each extension works differently. Each of them lets you translate the subtitles in various languages. All you need is to add an extension to your Chrome browser. These extensions support many languages. It becomes easy for you to understand the video in your choice of language. YouTube is a mainstream website for watching videos. It lets you watch various videos with subtitles. You must have seen those subtitles are usually in English language. You can translate them to know the meaning in your language using these extensions.

4 YouTube Subtitle Translator Chrome Extensions Free

Dualsub is the Chrome extension that displays subtitles in two languages on YouTube. It displays the subtitles in a language which is chosen by you along with default English language. Once you add this YouTube subtitle translator to your Chrome browser, an icon appears at the above right corner. However, the icon does not help you set any language. To set a language, open a video on YouTube, you will see a small box named DS right below the title of the video on YouTube. That box contains two columns in which the first column is set as default to the English language. The other column can be your language of preference. Look below.

You can see the above image subtitles which I translated into the Chinese language. To do so, you can select the text or just place the mouse on any word which you want to translate. You can see other icons in the Wisesub slot in which the first icon lets you memorize words, the second icon lets you check the history of words you translated. The settings icon lets you set some preferences like you can make the background dark to focus on the video while you are watching. This YouTube subtitle translator also works in other portals like Netflix, Prime video, YouTube, TED, Amediateka, Vimeo, Coursera, etc.

Unitrans is the smart subtitle translator. I found it most convenient to use and to translate the words in many languages. Just open YouTube, then you can click on the extension icon. It displays the column that contains many languages as seen above. There you can select the language in which you want to understand the subtitles. This extension works in Netflix, Amazon, Ted and other portals. See below.

Wow, this version of a subtitle translator and player is fantastic. Caption Speaker astonished me with its high quality. I do recommend this particular one above all others for use with foreign languages.

All of these extensions are free, so there's no harm in giving them a try. You can easily disable or remove them by typing chrome://extensions/ into the Chrome address bar, or right-clicking an extension's icon in the toolbar to remove it. Every extension must have a toolbar icon; hide them without uninstalling by right-clicking and selecting Hide in Chrome Menu.

LastPass is a PCMag Editors' Choice winner for free password managers (the Premium version also gets a nod). It works across all operating systems, mobile devices, and, of course, web browsers, thanks to extensions like this one. It also imports stored passwords from other tools. There's no limit to the number of passwords stored and synced, even on the free version.

This online and free subtitle translator can quickly translate subtitles from one language to another. Once the automatic translation is done, you can also manually edit/refine the translations, and then export the translated subtitles back to the original format.

The unifying feature among all of these resources is that they use interactive subtitles, which are basically subtitles you can click on and translate on-demand. Some offer additional practice opportunities, some are free, and all have different types of content on hand.

Back in 2017, when I created this post, there was almost no watchable Chinese content on Netflix, and Chinese video services were slow outside of China. I remember some people in this forum looking for ways to find a text version of their favorite dramas' subtitles in order to use a popup dictionary, because at the time dramas often came only with burned-in or image-based subtitles. But how have times changed! Nowadays Netflix keeps adding more and more Chinese dramas, including some pretty new ones. And if that's not fresh enough for you, you can go to the international versions of Iqiyi (iq.com) and WeTV (wetv.vip) to get your drama fix. All three sites include text-based subtitles in Chinese and several other languages, and now there's a bunch of browser extensions that take advantage of this for language learning. And if you get tired of all the drama, you can watch teacher Li's fantastic lectures on YouTube (with multilanguage subtitles) on pretty much any subject, from economy to science and health. So, let's cut to the chase. Each name links to the extension's page.

One thing I didn't see in the excellent summary above (might have missed it) is that the pro version of LLN lets you watch dubbed films and series in any of the available languages, so you could watch Mandarin versions of non-Chinese shows. However one issue I found when I did the free trial was that the subtitles often don't match the dubbing (because typically these are done by different people so they're two different translations of the same source).

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Macanga Institute
  • Janet Gee
    Janet Gee
  • Tanya Arora
    Tanya Arora
  • Shivani Patil
    Shivani Patil
  • PhuongLien NhaSuong
    PhuongLien NhaSuong
bottom of page